- Ideal mowing height is between 6 and 9 cm. (2.5 to 3 inches).
- Mowing height is directly correlated to how deep your roots become. It is important not to mow too short. Healthy deep roots protect the lawn from drought.
- Mow frequently, at least once a week. Do not move more than one third of the leaf blade in a single mowing.
- Keep your blades sharp, for a clean cut. This prevents lawn tearing.
- Remember, frequent mowing at a proper setting reduces weeds establishment.
- Your lawn needs 2.5 cm (1in.) of water or rain per week.
- Water your lawn early morning during hot summer months, this prevents disease.
- Essential for a healthy green lawn.
- At Delesco we not only feed the lawn but the soil as well.
- Have Delesco apply the right amount at the right time. We use weed inhibiting Corn Gluten, slow release granular, as well as liquid kelp with micronutrients.
- The best defence against weeds is a thick healthy green lawn.
- Lawn aeration reduces both thatch and soil compaction. Aeration brings much needed air into the soil. We at Delesco use a core aerator from Plugr. This machine removes core plugs in a clean manner.
- White Grubs, Chinch bugs, and leather jackets are very prominent in Southern Ontario.
- Delesco Weed Control is fully licensed to identify and treat whatever problem your lawn may have.
- We at Delesco are using the very best legal lawn care products available. Our 41 years in lawn care tells us to use products that have a proven ability to reduce weeds, and enhance turf health.